Party for TWO


We celebrated Remi's 2nd birthday with friends this last weekend. I wasn't exactly sure if I was going to do a party because it can be somewhat of a touchy thing! Do you make it formal? Do people make fun of me if I throw a party for a toddler? Do you just forget about it? Do you invite friends AND family? Do you have a theme? Do they wear a dress? Do all of these questions make me sounds like a crazy person?

The answer to all the above is a big lengthy:  Cool your jets and do whatever! IT'S ALL GOOD. Seriously though, do whatever you want! In the end it doesn't matter what other people think. You will just be happy you did/didn't do it. Just be you.

So my good friend Ash and I decided it would be super easy if we just combined parties! Our little girls both turn two this month, Berkley on the 7th and Remi the 29th, so we celebrated in between the two. We are both on a floral kick so we threw that into the mix with some MASSIVE balloons, some cute cakes, some fun toys for the kids, and some rad friends. It was the recipe for a perfect night!

I actually LOVE throwing parties. It might seem like a lot of work but it really isn't - especially with Party City just down the street. ;) We kept it chill. I loved that that Remi wanted to wear her gum boots all night. I even love that the bonfire smoke made it's way into the house because we forgot we had left the window open. As a result we all reeeeeked the next day. I love that kids make their own fun and we really didn't have to have set games or activities to keep everyone entertained. (I still  raided my mother in-law's house for all of her fun toys though. Marilyn, you are the best!) There's something about a house full of good friends and good vibes! I live for those good vibes.

As you will see from the video, I was snapping shots left and right of all the cute babes in their elements. It will be so fun to look back some day at who was there and how they all change. We appreciate the friend crew we have around us. We are surrounded by a lot of gems and I don't take their friendships for granted. Once you find it, hold onto it for dear life and be a good friend in return! It gets me through all my ups and downs just to have genuine friends who listen, advise, and love without judgment. I think everyone needs a crew -- a true friend! I'm feeling blessed to death that we have the ones we do. It made for a memorable night for these two little ladies!

HBD, R2B2!

Comments

  1. Ok that was the cutest video!! I love little baby friends! What do you use to make all your videos?? I have a feeling deckers is going to have a few of these in his future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah aren't they the best? You will love when Deck is all mobile and involved. It's a fun phase! So I use iMovie and Final Cut Pro to edit my videos. I am new to FCP and it's crazy expensive so if you want a cheaper route, go with iMovie :)

      Delete
  2. So cute I love your videos keep em coming!! And I agree who cares what people think do what you want! It was such a fun party!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you Kylie! I always value your opinion on this stuff.

      Delete
  3. super cute video!! It looks like a super fun birthday party for those cute little besties!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Micah! Remi was pumped that Davis made it in the nick of time hahaa! It was a fun night for sure.

      Delete
  4. Cutest video Bry!!! Looks like such a fun night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe! It was a lot of fun. We should get the girls together soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

follow on ig.