HBD Russ: The Laughing Game

It's my brother Russell's birthday today and wanted to pay him a little tribute by sharing with you one of the most special gifts I have ever received. HANDS. DOWN! You will see why in just a few seconds. 

It was during the program at our wedding back in 2010 that a random video started playing on the projector of handsome Russ!! He was out serving a mission for our church so he was unable to be there in person but when I saw the guitar in his arms, I just knew it was going to be good. I have always loved Russ's musical talent. Always. To say I was surprised is an understatement. I don't have surprises thrown for me often so this filled me with every fantastic emotion in the books. I missed that guy sooooo much and there he was singing the sweetest song; one that I would look back on for the rest of my life.

The laughing game is a game that Russ and I used to play when we were in high school. It is no secret that my laugh is not only obnoxious but also unexpecting. Call me the shapeshifting Mystique of laughter. I get razzed about it all the time. From snorts to guffaws, you just never know what's going to come out and it's super embarrassing but I've learned to embrace it haha! Russ decided to make a game out of it one day by having one person laugh and then you try to outdo their laugh with another laugh. Simple. The laughing game. Laughter is the best medicine and this ridiculous little game always lightened my mood.

I think that's why I love this song so much. It's everything happy and brings a lot of positive memories to mind. The message and thought behind it are gold, ON FLEEK even! (I shamefully just inserted that term and I'm just going with it) It's a good reminder to always laugh and stay happy, even through the tough times and trials. It also makes me think to always be present and live in the moment because times change and memories are all you have after that. 
Give it a listen and you will 100% agree! 




-----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Rizo,
Thanks for being such a great brother, one full of fun and love. I know I gushed about this song for letters and letters after my wedding but it means just as much now as it did then. It's a gem!
 Even though times have changed and we don't get to be as close, this will always hold strong for me. I listen to this ditty every year on your birthday and every time I smile, laugh, cry and then wonder how the heck you knew to say what you did as a missionary at such a young age haha. You gave the best advice and I appreciate it the more I listen to it. You have a heart of GOLD and I'm lucky you're my fantastic brother.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY + keep laughing.

Bry

Comments

follow on ig.