Close To You

I have an abnormal obsession with family closeness and sometimes it can be a bad thing because my side of the family live so far apart! If I had it my way, I would live in a cul-de-sac with all of my siblings with a dirt track out back for quads and dirt bikes, a fun pool or something we all share, and potlucks/bonfires all summer long. Can you tell summer is my favorite season? It sounds like we should get a cabin haha.
I know family doesn't always see eye to eye but we're different and that's a good thing isn't it? For the most part that sounds like one heck of a party! I crave walks to the parks with my sisters, the chance to know what they do in a day and be a part of their lives. When I was engaged to Jason I got to live with my oldest brother and his sweet family. Those kids were the sweetest and I still hold a special place for them in my heart because we were so close! I would love the chance to see my nieces and nephews grow up in front of me again rather than just a few visits a year. It's okay that they live in the same province though. I'll take what I can get!

With that being said, we have the greatest blessing of living within 20 minutes of all of Jason's family. (Brent and Katy will move back soon!) We spend a lot of time together and I am learning to love them like my own siblings! The other night we all met at Henderson Lake and played at the park. I just felt so lucky to have them so close! Marrying into a new family can be quite the adjustment but all of the brothers are married now and we are all starting to gel it seems. It's still an adjustment but I am so jealous that the Peterson crew gets to be so close and I am so blessed to be part of it. With a family of 5 boys they remind me a lot of my own family and are always doing something active. With 4 nephews as well you can bet there is never a dull moment. (this video with confirm that hahahaa) I love it and spend 95% of the time just laughing and laughing! It's the best.

Comments

  1. Love this post and LOVE your video! Remi is getting way to grown up! Can't wait for the cabin so we can all be close for a week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! She is getting to be quite the little chunky monkey. It cracks me up!! I can't wait for our little summer reunion either. I'm already counting down haha

      Delete
  2. family videos are my absolute fav <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! They're the best. I can't wait to see the vids you make with your little babe!

      Delete

Post a Comment

follow on ig.