Parenting Practice

We went from Christmas, to fun with family, to New Years, to more fun with family, to housesitting/babysitting for Jason's brother. Now I will preface this with a fun fact. Jason's bro has 2 cute kids, a dog, and they just moved into their gorgeous dream home. To say I was excited for the opportunity is an understatement. We were PUMPED! 

It was a huge learning experience for me. First off, I did a lot of brainstorming, Pinterest perusing and home-reno show watching as I dreamt of our future home. It was hard not to living in such a lovely home. (Ps if any of you haven't watched the show Fixer Upper on HGTV, DO IT! Their style is phenomenal and exactly my own style! A country/modern/industrial collision. Looooove it!) 

Secondly, I learned a lot about parenting and even though my mission was to be the fun aunt, there were times I had to discipline and teach. I'm learning what my parenting style is and I hate having people mad at me so being the bad cop will be hard! Haha. I sure love Emery and Champ though. We learned a lot about each other and it was positive. As an onlooker I do a lot of critiquing of other parents. Not in a bad way but in a learning way. I think it's unfair to judge parenting styles from afar because every parent has it different. Get off their backs! Being thrown into a home with 3 kids and a dog taught me I will probably never have it all together haha. No matter how hard I tried to be the perfect, fun-loving aunt as Jason headed off to work each day, things got frustrating and I'm just the aunt! We never know what moms actually go through on a daily basis. 

Here's to trying a little harder to be a little more understanding and kind to all moms out there. None of this judging or comparing business.

PICTURES FROM MY FAVORITE DAY WITH EMERY: PLAY DOUGH
*Yes, I'm still wearing my filthy animal Christmas shirt. I might have worn it for a week straight. (!!!)*
Definitely still learning to share and tolerate Remi in her own home but Emery is so adorable and fun! Afterall, who doesn't love play dough? Can't wait for Remi to get to this age.

PS all natural lighting. I'm still blind.

Comments

  1. Give me that house! Uuggh I am so house hungry it's insane. "Thou shalt not covet" is my mantra for at least another year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh my goodness I couldn't agree more! We are craving a house these days too Mela! Just a quaint little starter would be a dream haha. Someday...

      Delete

Post a Comment

follow on ig.