My View From Here

LITTLE DRUMMER GIRL
You are rockin' those invisible drums, baby girl. If any of you happen to come to my house and decide you want to eat a mint from the bowl on our island, I strongly advise touching as little of the wrapper as possible. There may be a large amount of saliva on these bad boys. It's not my fault these candies entertain Rem for hours. That's what wrappers are for right? Yummy still the same. 

 TO: YOU, FROM: ME.
This gift tag somehow stayed in her mouth for about 20 minutes as she played with her nativity and crawled around the living room all afternoon. I love the personality coming out in this lady more and more everyday. Right now she rocks a hilarious scrunch face that my little nephews always did when they were her age. You can kind of see it here and it cracks me up. She scrunches her nose and huffs breaths of air. You're crazy Rem Rem.

WE TAKE WAY TOO MANY PICTURES.
I am not ashamed to admit that I'm a photo-aholic. I had every intention to NOT become this type of mother but I can't help it. I love my camera and the many faces of Remi. I posted a picture on Instagram stating that a small percentage of Remi's expressions remind me of Chris Farley haha. She has some slightly non-photogenic habits (all babies do, it's a fact) but most of the time she is just adorable. Her face in the bottom picture kills me. 
"Another picture mom?! Sheesh." 
I can't help it. You're hilarious and beautiful.

O' CHRISTMAS TREE
Although Remi has been a gem this year we aren't planning on getting her any gifts. Why get toys or clothes when she would rather play with a box and the amount of clothes she has could dress a small village? It just doesn't seem realistic and she's too young to care anyway. With that being said, I am still very excited to celebrate her first Christmas in just over 2 weeks!
(Even if I don't get her anything, is it unfair if I give myself a gift from Remi?... Don't answer that question.)

MESSY HAIR, DON'T CARE.
I am getting Remi's hair cut for the 2nd time tomorrow. She rubs her eyes endlessly with those little flyaways interfering with her blinks. It's getting hard to tell if she is tired or just annoyed with her bangs these days. Poor girl. She has rubbed off all the hair on the sides though so it makes me sad to cut it but hopefully this slowly evens things out. Fingers crossed!

 PROOF THAT REMI'S HAIR DOES LOOK CUTE AND WELL KEPT SOMETIMES.
Key word there, sometimes. I already explained Remi's hair sitch but I will add that her hair is getting SO BLONDE. I am hoping for that perfect angel white whispy hair someday.
** Insert chant here. WHISPY HAIR! WHISPY HAIR! **
I also am in love with her long lashes. It always seems that boys luck out and get the long eyelashes so I am hoping these stay!

PETERSON FEATURES THROUGH AND THROUGH.
I'll be honest, I don't see the Peterson traits often but man, if this face doesn't scream Peterson I don't know what does! If I had a dollar for every time I was told Remi looks like a Peterson, Remi's postsecondary funds would be easily covered by now! Of course I see Bennett features here and there too, but this picture with that nose and chin is purely a little Petey girl!

 SILENT NIGHT
I have been relishing the little moments lately that Remi crawls off on her own and plays quietly by herself. My mom bought us a Little People Fisher Price nativity our second year of marriage haha. I have been excited to bring it out ever since! Remi loves it. I watched her pick up baby Jesus once and melted. She then proceeded to slobber on him and then hit him against the stable but that's beside the point... it was cute and I just love to watch her sit upright with her Buddha belly and cheeks sticking out. You think I would take advantage of these moments for some me time but this is usually when I grab the camera.

 THE SCRUNCH SMILE
It's a serious problem when Remi takes our Bear/Moose tic-tac-toe pieces, hits them against the glass on our coffee table, and smiles like this. The problem lies in the fact that she is adorable. Many a moose antlers and hoofs have been lost due to this little monster but it's nothing a little superglue can't fix. I already know she is going to get away with a lot.
** smack palm against forehead **
Whooops!

 THAT MOMENT YOU WALK IN TO GET YOUR BABY AFTER THEY JUST WOKE UP.
It's heaven.
She's heaven.
Life is good.

Comments

follow on ig.