Imperfection

We are all trying to be perfect, or at least make it seem that way. The perfect man. The perfect body. The perfect hair. The perfect house. The perfect life. Oh and then we go posting them with the perfect edits and filters.

I am 100% guilty of this. 

Especially as a new mom you can feel a lot of unintentional competition as there are moments where you look like you have absolutely no idea what you're doing and the situation is out of control! (Most of the time that's exactly the case but that's beside the point.) I have hated to show any sign of weakness, any sign that my life has become a bit boring, or any sign that my life sometimes is rough. How sad is that? It's about time I started being real.

Hi. I'm Bry. My life gets rough and my life is not perfect. Today Remi, my "usually amazing" baby haha, decided she didn't want to nap, be set down, or stop crying until 6:20 PM. She takes after her mama in the sleeping department and snoozes a lot so you can imagine how stressful today was for the both of us. You better believe that when her eyes slowly closed with her little hand tangled in my hair, there was no way I was going to attempt prying her fingers away for fear of waking her up. Instead I laid there with her for 30 mins staring at the ceiling fan. I have never felt so much emotion, fatigue, relief, and relaxation at one time. Babies are a handful and even though I should have enjoyed the calf workout from bouncing Remi around all day, this moment felt like gold. Sheeeeeesh! 

Life needs some imperfection because in that peaceful moment I was reminded that I actually really really do love this little monster of mine. 

Comments

  1. This is soooo true and sometimes it's good to say it out loud :) loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those little "ceiling fan" moments are all that matter, forget the rest. You know how people say, "Do you best, forget the rest"? Your best is just keeping your head above water sometimes. People panic and think, "but I'm not always at my best!" Calm down! Slow down! That's life. Life is all kinda things but it's not perfect! Realizing this is what matures your character and shapes you into the kind of woman you want to be. You're on the right track. So take a quiet minute to listen to Remi breathe while you watch the ceiling fan and breathe because THAT is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this bry! you're such a good mama! and I loved reading about your "real" side! (to me you always seem real, but you know what I mean)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so beautifully written. I am trying to rid the word perfect from my vocabulary! It's used so lightly. Life is so beautiful, even in the not so beautiful times. Thanks for sharing your feelings, I really enjoyed reading! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

follow on ig.