Blessing Day

June 8, 2014

The day that Miss Remi Roo was blessed was absolutely perfect. A day without wind here in SoAB is always a good day am I right? I loved dressing her in the little dress I wore for my blessing. Mom just pulled it out of storage the other day and it was a pretty neat moment to dress her in one of my white dresses. :)

Oh yea, get this. Rem slept 7 hours the night before. SEVEN HOURS! It brings a whole new meaning to the term REM sleep haha. I just can't believe I have a 5 week old that slept through the night... I hope she makes that a habit! 

She does have flaws sometimes. At church she starting crying and crying just before her big debut. Mom and I tried to work our magic but nothing worked. Just before I passed her to Jason I quickly put her cheek up to mine and whispered "you're OK" repeatedly in her ear (in other words, "pleeeeeease stop!") and BOOM she closed her eyes and was out for the next 2.5 hours. Already an attention seeker I tell ya! I was so nervous she would cry through the entire thing but some serious desperate prayers were clearly answered. Phewph!! 

The blessing was beautiful and I am pretty sure I had a permanent grin and little tear in my eye for the rest of the meeting as I sat way too close next to Jason holding Remi in her passed out glory. Life was good!

I have one amazing family who always pull through and made the family dinner afterwards a success. 
One word: Vinnie {the yummiest caterer ever!}
Everyone brought dessert and salads including pasta salad, Marilyn's ribbon jello, and Aunt Leanne's sugar cookie squares -- some personal favs! My family is great. It's a fact. It was delicious and I loved getting in some socialization. I have turned into quite the sap with all the time I get to pause and reflect these days. I am always filled with an EXTREME amount of appreciation as you can probably tell. People in my life never cease to amaze me and I always find myself thinking at the end of the day that sheesh, I am the luckiest. I have a lot of paying forward to do!

Comments

Post a Comment

follow on ig.