Ultrasound.

It was a bit of a debate in deciding if we wanted to find out the gender or not. A lot of people have strong opinions about it so I was kind of torn. I didn't mind the idea of keeping it a surprise but Jason was pretty adamant about finding out. The more I thought about it the more I decided that of course I would love to find out, not to mention that if we had a girl Jason would need some prep. Coming from a household where the majority are uncles, brothers, and nephews, the female race is a bit foreign to him! haha

Today was ultrasound day!

I have had it in my head that we are having a little boy. As much as I would LOVE a girl, I have been preparing for a little boy. And for no reason at all. I have always called this little bump a he and I would picture a blonde little Jason running around the house someday. I was excited to finally turn my assumption into fact!

We got to have a good friend do the ultrasound and another friend worked there too so she popped in to say hi for a few seconds. Between the good company, the excitement, and of course getting to see this baby for the first time, I have to say that ultrasounds are one of the neatest experiences of life! I don't know why the spine, ribs, and big alien lips looked so fascinating but I was in awe. Our baby moved a lot and was apparently very photogenic, which definitely did not come from me haha!

I was shaking afterwards in anticipation and when the news came back it was like Christmas came early because...
IT'S A GIRL!
My little "he" bump is a girl! (sorry little lady)

I had to head back to work right after but we did stop for some "mama" burgers at A&W quick. (Jason decided "baby" burgers aren't exactly the most filling.) 

It has been so much fun telling our family and some friends. We have had a lot of big news lately and I love getting reactions from everyone. I am excited to create a fun nursery but I still cannot wrap my head around a girl. I slip up and still use masculine references but give it time. Either way, we are so so sooooo excited to meet this little lady! Jason is especially excited about doing her hair. HA!

Comments

  1. Yaaaaa! Happy for you guys, obviously I am a fan of GIRLS! whoop, she will be so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you're having a girl!! So fun. I kept accidentally saying "she" until like... well until Jimmy was born basically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to meet this little lady! She is pretty dang cute so far!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

follow on ig.