My Sob Story: Take 2.

Welp, I have said it once and I will say it again, concussions officially are the worst. I hate the feeling more than anything. If you haven't had the chance to read my first Sob Story you have not missed out on much because these stories are pretty close to being the same. 

Last night we a soccer game. I love our team. We are always having a good time and we have some pretty amazing players. We ended up winning 4-0 and I had a pretty uneventful game injury-wise. Big whoop.

We got together with friends after for some wings and as we were sitting waiting for our food to come out when my vision started to get spotty. I could only see the right side of everyone's faces when I looked at them and all I thought was, "yea, that's odd". I figured the lights were just blinking too much and were maybe too bright? No big deal. (I am quite the worry wort.) 

Our food took a long time so I decided to go wash my hands because my head was starting to pound. As I stared into the mirror  that was completely covered in spots of light, that is when I realized that I was having a repeat of that terrible night 2 years ago. The difference this time was that I felt completely normal. Besides the migraine that was coming on, I was in good spirits and I didn't have the urge to barf or cry. Hallelujah! (Oh, just you wait.) I went back out to the table and chatted with our friends. I told them what was going on and we discussed the last time I had a concussion because Alan and Brit were there. It is hilarious to talk about now. I just kind of sat in amazement because I honestly felt like I had super powers. It may have been the fact that we just saw Man of Steel not too long ago, but I felt like everything was in slow motion. The lights were extremely bright, like I said I could only see half of people's faces, everything anyone said sounded extremely slow and far away, but the music was probably going to burst my eardrum. Those are some terrible and extremely unfortunate super powers but I felt like I wasn't really there, if that makes sense? It was actually kind of neat. All of a sudden my left arm started going numb and I couldn't feel the tips of my fingers. BOOM. Definitely my style of concussion.

I stepped outside because the hot/cold flashes were starting and I knew my tongue was going to go numb next. Having already experienced this once, I guess I knew what to expect and didn't feel too freaked out. I was not looking forward to throwing up though. It has been 2 years and I have still not eaten at Olive Garden because I threw it up last time and it scarred me pretty good!

We finally got our bills, said bye to friends, and I sat in the passenger seat with a jacket over my head all the way until Welling. That is when my migraine hit me like a ton of bricks! The feeling I ABSOLUTELY dread. I could just feel the change in intracranial pressure as my head was ready to burst and I was ready for Jason to just cut my head off...whoa, too far? I lied there with my poor excuse of super powers, cried, hated life, ran inside when we got home, puked, hated life some more, showered, brushed and gargled 100 times, and then slept like a baby. 

For me it is the worst recovery process to have to go through but it was finally done! Over. Kaput.

I woke up to Jason starting the shower and I called the pharmacy where I thought Uncle Roger should have been so that I could tell him I was going to be late. I was definitely out of sorts because the store didn't open for another 20 minutes and then I passed out until 9. I woke up still a little dizzy, drug myself to work where they complained that I was 20 minutes late. I told them my story, worked like nothing was wrong, and then almost passed out as I tried to lift a box in the back. I was still way too dizzy and by lunch time I was ready to barf again. I got home, layed on my bed, and before I knew it it was 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Whoa.

Jason had called work for me though, being the amazing man that he is. With the dizziness somewhat aside, I think I am ready for a super sweet long weekend. CANADA DAY HERE I COME! 
I will use discretion I promise.

Comments

  1. Bry I had no idea! Glad you are feeling better. Let's get you some different super powers though, like eating copious amounts of watermellon. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

follow on ig.