collecting our jar of hearts.

I am a huge memory junky and back in July when things were getting pretty busy and hectic I started to realize that I was forgetting to document some really important things, SO I  started a memory jar. Each time I remembered to, I would jot down the date and a little memory or something fun we did on a piece of paper and put it in the jar. Super simple. Super easy.
Nothing beats scrap paper and tape! Haha really creative.
It now being a new year, Jason and I decided to spend last night writing down our resolutions of course and then we went through the memory jar one piece of paper at a time. I thought it was going to be a bit boring for Jason, but it didn't take long for me to realize that he had been putting his own memories in the whole time! They were hilarious because some of his were more thoughts than memories. For example: 

"When Bry went Black Friday shopping and I hunted allllll weekend, totally neglecting the house."

*cough* SLACKER! *cough*

For those that are trying to think of an easy way to journal or document this year, I highly recommend starting a memory jar because it was a really neat way to reflect back. Like most, our year became really action packed and I probably would have completely forgotten about some of the things we did! Luckily I have Jase who jumped in too because he caught some funny things that I didn't. Thanks to him, I will probably start writing thoughts more than just the event itself this time around.

I am super excited to see what changes this year will bring because we have some fun goals planned, and my 2013 jar is ready to go. (I will try to be a bit more creative than just tape and scrap paper this time.)

HAPPY 2013 EVERYONE! 

Comments

  1. That's a neat idea! I might have to try that... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ended up being a lot of fun! Let me know how it turns out. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

follow on ig.