Flu: 1, Bry:0

We are officially HOME! Zona was way too good to us and the lack of blog posts was proof. We really soaked it all in and loved every minute...that is until the morning we had to travel home. 

I woke up yesterday morning at 3AM with hot/cold flashes, dizziness, and aches. I tried to sleep it off but by 6AM I was in rough rough shape! I was so weak and tired but felt like my stomach was going to explode. For 2 hours I tried to get around like normal but then the nausea came in like a freight train and I puked and puked and puked. I should add one more puke because it happened 4 times - every 30-60 minutes. Let's just say Remi's empty Easter hunt bucket quickly became my new best friend.

Between these barf sessions I managed to get things packed and Jason and the family helped with Remi. I had no idea how I was going to possibly fly and drive in this condition so Jason and I snuck away to our dark bedroom and he said a prayer for me while I shed a few tears. Guys, it was the worst feeling! I can't ever remember being this sick. Not even with pregnancy nausea and that's saying a lot! I was so nervous.

I walked onto the plane carrying Remi because Jason and his dad had all of the luggage. I was following an elderly lady who was walking way too slow. I could barely lift my feet and due to weakness and exhaustion started to feel that sudden dizziness coupled with surges of hot and cold flashes again. (Arizona heat and I had goosebumps... so crazy!) I looked back at Jason who was a couple of people behind me and he told me later that my entire face and lips were stark white! I thought I was going to pass out and started to play the scenario in my head. Each row I picked the person I would have to quickly throw Remi at and then fall to my doom. I'm not kidding. Row by row I picked a person and considered asking for a barf bag. Finally that sweet elderly lady got her things stowed and row 33 couldn't have come fast enough. I collapsed in my seat and immediately started to recharge with my eyes closed. Remi just hung out until Jason came and grabbed her and I closed my eyes. I immediately fell asleep and the next thing I knew we were taking off.  


A couple was kind enough to trade us their row of 3 seats so that Remi could sit between us. Jason had her asleep before I joined them because he's amazing like that and she snoozed for a good hour. I went from moments of not being able to lift my arms to giving Remi a quick walk up and down the aisle to have a change of scenery. I know that the only way this was all possible was because of that prayer and I am so grateful! It is honestly all a blur but we made it home safe and sound. We were wiped! Remi even slept until 9:30 AM! Considering she was up at 6AM the entire trip I know that was a little tender mercy as well. 

We slept so well that we didn't even notice Jason had ended up on the couch because he had been puking all night... ugh poor guy!! 

I hope we never meet again 24-hour flu. 
(insert fist punch emoji here)

Comments

  1. nothing worse than flying with the flu! Hopefully Remi doesn't get it, cause that might be worse actually !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh seriously! I was really worried about that but it looks like she steered clear of it luckily! Ended the trip with a bang haha.

      Delete
  2. Glad you guys made it home safe and sound! Can't wait to hear about your Arizona adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! It was so nice to get away. Can't wait until we get to getaway together this summer!

      Delete
  3. I feel your pain. Nick and I both got the flu on Sunday and it was the WORST! First time I have thrown up this pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I heard Kylie and I am so sorry if that was our fault! I swear we were over it by the time we got to Berkley's party! :S It's hitting everyone though and it sucks. Luckily it doesn't last too long? Sorry again!

      Delete

Post a Comment

follow on ig.